[Musix-Help] Re: Info about Musix distro and Creamware Pulsar 2

Marcos Guglielmetti Gmail marcospcmusica en gmail.com
Vie Abr 7 20:55:54 CEST 2006

Hola Riccardo Milan:
> Hola Marcos, gracias por tu email. Te escribo en engles porquè
> espanol no lo recuerdo muy bien ademas.

Jeje, muy bien, molto bene

> I've contacted Creamware asking for Linux driver for Pulsar2, but
> they told me they will not develop any Linux driver, they don't have
> any planning about Linux, only Windows and Mac.

They deserve the jail!

> Infact the actually
> driver is written only for those oprating system. My soundcard
> Pulsar2 is an hi-professional product and I was surprised when I've
> seen there is not driver for Linux.

It's not so rare: if there is not too much people using it, why should
the voluntary people working on ALSA drivers support a soundcard that
is not intented for GNU+Linux? The makers (fabricantes) do not support
GNU+Linux, but, are they minded to collaborate with the ALSA proyect?
To give them some information?

> What I have to do?

Are you minded to collaborate with the ALSA proyect? To give them some
information?

> I'd like to
> try Linux, but I can't because my audio card is not supported.

Dont you have another soundcard, just to test?

> Can
> you ask for the problem at ALSA developers?

I will give you their mails, I dont have too much time and I dont have a
Pulsar 2 soundcard :S

> I can't contact any ALSA
> developer, I don't have any email address.

Try this:

And this:

> In some forum I've red the Creamware Pulsar2 GNU/Linux is in
> working...but it was an ancient messagge, about on March 2004, now
> forgotten. Do you have any solution?

Fight for your rights!

> Your Musix distro is very wonderfull, it's a pitty I can't try it!

Try to find a cheap soundcard, as instance a soundblaster, or M-Audio,
and you will be able to test it :S

> Thank you for reply.

to you too, please contact the ALSA people!